The Research Institute for Industrial Pharmacy, incorporating the Centre for Quality Assurance of Medicines (RIIP®/CENQAM®), situated at the Potchefstroom Campus of the North-West University,is a globally recognised provider of analytical and related services to the pharmaceutical industry, non-governmental organisations, procurement agencies and medicine regulatory authorities.
- Stability testing;
- Post importation testing;
- Final product release control;
- Drug release testing;
- Solid-state physico-chemical and comparative raw material studies;
- Consultation services;
- Training and technical assistance through implementation of expertise; and
- Relevant and applied research.
RIIP®/CENQAM®has the following status:
- ISO 17025 accredited (P0006);
- Licenced with the SA Health Products Regulatory Authority (SAHPRA) (Licence no.: 0000001065);
- Trademarked and registered with the SA Department of Trade and Industry;
- Compliant with SA Good Manufacturing Practices requirements related to Quality Control Laboratories;
- Compliant with World Health Organization (WHO) Good Practices for Pharmaceutical Quality Control Laboratories;
- WHO Prequalified Laboratory for the purpose of monitoring the quality of medicines in the Procurement, Quality and Sourcing Project: Access to Antiretrovirals (ARVs), Malaria and Tuberculosis;
- WHO Collaborating Centre for the Quality Assurance of Medicines; and
- New Partnership for Africa’s Development (NEPAD) Regional Centre of Regulatory Excellence (RCORE) in Quality Assurance and Quality Control of Medicines.